Goodbye Austin

On Monday(11/8/21), I left my home for the past 33 years to move to my boat. For the first time, I dont have a home base that is on land. It feels really weird. The last week or so, I have been feeling anxious, excited, sad, and have been questioning if this was a good decision. Now that I am back on the boat, I think I am going to really enjoy this adventure, but I will definitely miss Austin and all the awesome people I am blessed to know there. The trip back to the boat was crazy. I think Austin didnt want me to leave. When I landed in Fort Lauderdale at 10:50am, I received a text from a friend to call ASAP. I had accidentally taken her passport with me by mistake. I had to fly back to Austin that night and back out to the boat on Tuesday morning. She was leaving the country Tuesday morning and there was no other way to get the passport back in time. So I did get one extra night in Austin. I was fortunate to have visitors from Austin this week as well, so it felt like home was following me. We explored many of the great restaurants, shops and bars that are on Atlantic Avenue. One that was a suggestion from my friend Ashley Carson who lives in the area. It is called 3rd and 3rd and is more of a local hangout. We saw and amazing band with lead singer Sierra Lane. Although she only has one song on Spotify so far, she is going to be famous. They put on one of the best shows I have seen in a while. I spent half a day on Delray Beach and got to spend some time in the ocean. Also did some cruising down the intercoastal and out in the ocean for the sunset. Finally I was able to attend the Tortuga Music Festival in Fort Lauderdale with Kurt Denninghoff and some of his friends. I was able to see one of my bucket list bands, Barenaked Ladies! It sure is fun to have a music festival on a beach.
The rest of the week has been working on the boat. There are still many things that need to be done, but there will likely always be something to work on. This Tuesday I have to leave my slip at the Delray Beach City Marina, but I will be able to move the boat to Ashley's mom's house on the intercoastal just a few miles away. That is where the boat will stay until the mechanic and electrician can come out to do the work on the generator, engines, and other items beyond my skill set. Until the next update, smooth cruising.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beginnings, Delays, Repairs, and COVID

The End of the Adventure

Boynton Beach to Key West