Sometimes we are not in control. Adapt and Pivot

First, I would like to apologize for not posting in a while. Unfortunately, I haven't had much to post about, unless you want to hear about my boat sitting in a boat yard while getting work done. It has basically spent the last month sitting and waiting to get key things done so it can make the trip around the loop. Well, those key things are still being worked on almost a month later, and I am not sure when it will be ready to go. Due to these repairs, I have pretty much missed the window to get out of Chicago in time before they close a lock for repairs. That means I will not be able to complete the Great Loop this year, unless I just cruise all day for weeks at a time and pretty much miss all the stops that make this trip exciting. 

So, I have decided to abort the full trip this year and give it another try some other time. All of these issues also have had a very negative effect on my mental and physical health. The quote below is something I wrote at a very low point in the last couple months.

"For the first time, I am seriously considering scrapping this trip. I have injured my right elbow and can barely use my right arm right now. I have also injured my left hand and have trouble gripping things. On top of that, I am having issues with my dinghy boat outboard and can't get to shore while anchored. My shower pump has gone out as well as my fresh water pump. With all of these things happening, I am no longer enjoying time on the boat. Every day is spent trying to trouble shoot an issue instead of enjoying the scenery around me."


I am now trying to decide what to do moving forward. The way I see it is I have three options:

1) Sell the boat here in Florida and come back to Austin and try this again sometime in the future on a newer, more reliable boat. (Although, with all the work I've done and money I've spent on this boat, it should be ready after these last repairs are complete)

2) Keep the boat and cruise it back to Texas and keep it somewhere near Houston, like Clear Lake or Kemah, and try again in a year or two.

3) Start up the coast as if I am doing the loop and turn around somewhere around North Carolina and then do one of the two options above.

I really hate to accept defeat on this bucket list item, but the good news is there will be an opportunity to try again in the future. I would love your feedback on which option my readers think would be best.

Comments

  1. Thank I think that you keep pushing through and trusting God to lay it all out for you. I think that you need to stand boldly in the man of God He has created you to be. He hears your voice and you heart desires! Do not quit without trying and putting God in control in stead of you trying to do by yourself! Gods got this my friend! Be blessed and keep standing, I believe in you and so does God! It was great meeting you during your adventure my new brother in Christ
    I pray God lays it all out before you🙏✝️

    ReplyDelete
  2. God gives you your heart desires, trust and ask Him, you will see

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beginnings, Delays, Repairs, and COVID

The End of the Adventure

Boynton Beach to Key West